“Your word is lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path”
Today darkness is associated with bad luck, evil and afflications. It also comes from our ignorance, disobidience and rebellion.
When we think of darkness we automatically think of doom and gloom, evil, sin, hopelessness, death and sadness just to name a few.
Darkness most of the times comes due to things we’ve done or choices that we have made because we were out of the will and safety of God. Sometimes darkness will come when it is beyond our control.
- the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible
- an area of something that is brighter or paler than its surrounding
- provide with light or lighting; illuminate
- having a considerable or sufficient amount of natural light; not dark’
What’s the difference?
- Night- referring to when we are ignorant of God and we go stray like people who go to sleep at night
- The day is near– referring to te return of Christ is coming
- Lay aside the deeds of darkness – our sin, our disobidience, our ignorance, our selfishness
- Aurmor of light – The light of Christ
Do you know that we have the power within ourselves to dispell the darkness that comes within our lives?
Romans 13:12 Put on the aurmor of light
Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine
So many times in the midst of our darkness we try to rush out of it because we don’t like what it represents or how it makes us feel. If we aren’t careful at what we are focusing on in the midst of our darkness it can lead us into depression.
Change your thoughts, change your life
Sometimes it’s hard for us to come out of some dark places that we are in all because of how we see it. If we can change our perspective on how we see and view our dark days we want get stuck there. Our problem in most cases is that we go to everything else accept for the source. God does his best work in the midst of a dark place.
There are somethings that God wants to show or share with us. There are even somethings he wants to reveal to us. Sometimes it is in those dark places in our lives that God can bring out certain things that lie within us.
Psalm 121:1 I will lift up my eyes to the hill
So in those times when we can’t see clearly or when we feel like we can’t see at all, it is that hope that lies within us that causes us not to give up. If we could only Reach Up and Look up.
Reach Up – hold onto God’s unchanging hand and he will lead you and guide you in the way that you should go.
Look Up – Hebrews 12:2 “Looking unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith”